Thursday, February 7, 2008

Working with fake rhinestones

so, my latest concept for this campaign (and it isn't what people in my advertsing class would call "conceptual" because image advertising wasn't exactly emphasized in my classes) with Bic lighters (the other one being my Mucha concept) is with the bedazzled lighter. all the rhinestones. i was thinking of doing something other than art as a means of showing what the lighter could look like with different each series of lighter, so i decided to stray from art, and, while i've yet to finish that fucking hokusai wave lighter that looks so cool right now, i may have to forget about past ideas and create a third, completely different series for the lighters.

but, anyway, i've been working on creating a more interesting layer to use with the empty space on the bedazzled lighter. something involving more rhinestones because, while i didn't work hard to make them, i think they're really eye catching when they are actually visible. so i'm using a kind of method of designing them when i was a henna artist. my thing was dots that embellished a certain shape or lines. I'm thinking I may need to add more rhinestones, but i don't want it too involved:

I think it'll look nice.

and in purely ian fashion, i accidentily didn't save the jewel work, so i had to redo it:

No comments: