Monday, December 10, 2007

number 2 pencil

I did this campaign for school back in the day. And I felt it could be a really cool campaign if it was fleshed out better. I don't have any of my originals on this computer, but I have the layout without a main graphic decided:

You'd have to see my sketches to really get it. I want to have the concepts show excessive use of the pencil...seen through use of the pencil/shavings of the pencil/graphite dust remains that are then used provacatively. Something clean but still grungy. The concept I have for the excessive use of the pencil is a drawing of a woman and the entire page is covered with pencil markings. The second concept with the shavings is going to show a joint being rolled up. The third concept is of a hollowed out pencil over lines of graphite to suggest coke lines. The last two I had done before, but I think I could execute them in a more interesting way. I'll keep posting as things develop.

But I want it hand drawn, kind of like how i draw, so, I guess the graphic will just be hand drawn and a photo taken of it. Here's my moleskine cover! the back was on Moleskine Project. It was neat.

But here's a thumbnail of what I'm hoping this campaign will look like.

So, just imagine the lock at te top of this entry with that kind of illustration in the center. It could be cool.

OMG! I need to make it a deviantART.com ad. OMG!

No comments: